Now part of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, George W. Childs Park was once a state park and the site of a 19th century woolen mill. Joseph Brooks, a Welshman who had immigrated to Philadelphia, built the mill around 1826. The mill was made of stone, stood 3½ stories high and employed approximately 80 workers. When Brooks died in 1832 the mill was abandoned. The ruins of the mill can still be seen along the banks of Dingmans Creek.
The site is named for George W. Childs, a noted philanthropist, whose widow deeded the land to the commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1912. The site contains three main waterfalls: Factory Falls, Fulmer Falls and Deer Leap Falls and is a few miles upstream from Dingmans Falls and Silverthread Falls.
1.4 miles, loop
directions to George W. Childs Park trailhead
Restrooms located at the trailhead. Gravel parking lot.